What is White Hat SEO?
White hat SEO refers to search engine optimization (SEO) tactics that follow the guidelines specified by search engines. Examples include:
- Optimizing the post for a keyword
- Providing clear and well-optimized images with ALT text and title tags
- Creating rich, engaging content that is helpful to the reader
- Including meta tags and structured data to the content
- Adding internal and external links to the content
White hat SEO is the opposite of black hat SEO, which refers to the tactics that go against the guidelines specified by search engines. Then, there is grey hat SEO, which is a combination of white and black hat SEO.