Norton Safe Web is a service that analyzes websites across the internet and classifies them based on how safe the website is to visit. In addition to their automated analysis process, they use the feedback of users to rate the websites’ safety level and keep users informed before they visit the site.
In this knowledgebase tutorial, we will discuss how you can submit your website for a review and how you can verify your website on Norton Safe Web Portal using the Rank Math plugin.
Reviewing Your Website with Norton Safe Web Submission Portal
If your website has not been rated yet or needs to be re-evaluated, then you can submit your website for a review. Norton Submission Portal provides an easy-to-use UI that lets anyone submit a website for evaluation (site owners and non-site owners) and a quick way to do it.
1. To get started, head over to Norton Submission Portal.
2. Enter the URL/website for review and then click on Submit.
3. Choose your website classification from the drop-down list.
4. Enter additional details, such as why your website should be classified under the category you’ve chosen in the previous step.
5. Click on Submit.
If you’ve successfully submitted your website for a review, then you can check back later on this same portal for your site’s rating.
Norton Safe Web Site Ownership Verification
If you only want to get your website rated by Norton Safe Web, then submitting your website through their Submission Portal is sufficient. By if you want Norton Safe Web to monitor your website and keep you informed through email whenever your site’s rating changes, then you’ll need to verify your site ownership.
To verify your site ownership at Norton Safe Web,
- Navigate to the Norton Safe Web portal and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for a new account.
- In your Profile page, navigate to the Site Dispute tab and click Add Site button.
- Enter your website’s URL in the dialog box and click the Submit button.
- Once your site is added, click the Verify your site option and choose Meta Tag among the verification methods. Then, copy the content part of the meta tag.
Verify Your Website on Norton Safe Web Using Rank Math
The meta tag has to be added to your website for Norton Safe Web to verify your site ownership. You can easily do this with Rank Math. To add the meta tag,
- Navigate to Rank Math > General Settings > Webmaster Tools > Norton Safe Web Verification ID inside your WordPress dashboard. If this option isn’t available for you, then make sure you’ve enabled the Advanced Mode in Rank Math.
- Enter the content ID you’ve copied earlier to the Norton Safe Web Verification ID field.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Once you’ve added your Norton Safe Web verification code to your website, you can click the Verify Now button at the Norton Safe Web portal.
- Click OK in the confirmation prompt.
And, that’s it! You’ve successfully verified your website on Norton Safe Web. If you have absolutely any questions about verifying your website with Norton Safe Web using Rank Math, feel free to reach our support team directly from here, and we’re always here to help.