Trying to uninstall Rank Math completely? You’ve come to the right place, we’ll walk you through the entire process in this knowledgebase article.
If this is a temporary deactivation, you’ll be pleased to hear that you can safely deactivate and uninstall Rank Math. Here’s how:
1. Log into your WordPress website.
2. Navigate to Plugins
3. Locate Rank Math on the plugins page & click Deactivate
4. Wait for the page to reload, then click Delete.
This is safe to do, temporarily uninstalling the plugin does not remove any of Rank Math’s data from your database.
In the unlikely event that you wish to completely clear all of Rank Math’s data from your database – please keep reading.
Please note: You will lose all of your hard work when uninstalling the plugin using the method we’re about to cover. Please only proceed if you’re sure you won’t need that data and want to start from scratch/completely reconfigure Rank Math.
Completely Removing Rank Math’s Data
If you wish to proceed with completely uninstalling the plugin with all the data, use this filter:
/** * Filter to remove Rank Math data from the database */ add_filter( 'rank_math_clear_data_on_uninstall', '__return_true' );
Make sure that you have:
1. Activated Rank Math if it is not already enabled.
2. Added the code to the theme’s
3. Then deactivate & uninstall Rank Math from the Plugins page of your WordPress install.
If you still have any questions about Rank Math – you’re always more than welcome to contact our dedicated support team. They are available 24/7, 365 days a year…