Migrating from SEOPress to Rank Math SEO is a lot easier, and in this Knowledge Base article, we’ll discuss how you can import the data from SEOPress and SEOPress Pro into Rank Math SEO.
Using Rank Math Setup Wizard
1. You can import data from SEOPress or SEOPress Pro right away when you install Rank Math with our Setup Wizard, which gets initiated automatically if this is the first time you’re installing Rank Math. If the Setup Wizard doesn’t start on its own, you can always start it from WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Setup Wizard.
The Setup Wizard will look like this:
2. When you scroll down the page a little bit, you can notice the Rank Math running compatibility tests to identify any conflicting plugins. Click the More button to see if there are any conflicting SEO plugins installed on your website.
If SEOPress has been installed on your website, you can safely deactivate the plugin from here — so that you won’t end up over-optimizing your website for search engines. We will import the data from the SEOPress plugin in the next step.
3. Once you’ve deactivated the plugin, click the Start Wizard button.
4. In the next step, you can find the input data available from the SEOPress plugin — we recommend selecting all the data so that you don’t lose anything in this migration process. Click the Start Import button, and within a few seconds, Rank Math will start importing your data.
5. You can check the status at the progress bar. Once your data is imported successfully, you can click Continue to proceed with the next step. You can refer to our detailed tutorial on our Setup Wizard for configuring the other settings available in the Setup Wizard.
Using Rank Math Import & Export
If you’ve skipped or missed importing data from the SEOPress plugin during the Setup Wizard — no issues, you can always import your data with the Rank Math Import & Export feature.
1. At first head over to Rank Math > Status & Tools as shown below:
2. The Import & Export Dashboard will then be displayed. In the dashboard click on Import & Export tab.
3. Scroll down a bit and find the Other Plugins section. You can find the SEOPress here.
4. Click on Import. A small message will be displayed on the screen that asks for your confirmation to import the settings. Click on OK.
The import will then start within a few seconds and all your data will be successfully imported to Rank Math SEO. If you have absolutely any questions about moving over to Rank Math & getting started – feel free to reach out to our support team.
Was this article helpful?
Still need help?
Submit Your Question
Please give us the details, our support team will get back to you.