Migrating from other SEO plugins is easier with Rank Math, and we ensure that your data gets migrated carefully so that you don’t lose anything in this process and don’t have to set up all meta tags for your posts once again from scratch.
In this knowledge-base article, we’ll discuss how you can import the data from Yoast SEO into Rank Math SEO.
Using Rank Math Setup Wizard
1. You can import data from the Yoast SEO plugin to the Rank Math SEO plugin right away with our Setup Wizard, which gets initiated automatically when you install Rank Math for the first time. If it doesn’t start on its own, you can always start it from WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Setup Wizard.
The Rank Math Setup Wizard will look like this:
2. As you scroll down, you can find Rank Math running through compatibility checks, and you can click More to see if there are any conflicting SEO plugins installed on your website.
If the Yoast SEO plugin is installed on your website, you can safely deactivate it here, and we would import the data from the Yoast SEO to Rank Math SEO plugin in the next step of the Setup Wizard. If you’ve deactivated the plugin, you can click Start Wizard to proceed to the next step.
3. You can find the input data available from the Yoast plugin to be migrated to Rank Math in the next step.
4. Click the Start Import button and wait until the process gets completed.
When the import is complete, you can find the progress bar showing 100% completed. You can refer to our detailed tutorial on using Rank Math Setup Wizard for configuring the rest of the settings.
Using Rank Math Import & Export
If you’ve skipped or missed out importing data from the Yoast SEO plugin during the Setup Wizard, no issues — you can always import them with the Rank Math Import & Export feature.
1. At first head over to Rank Math > Status & Tools as shown below:
2. The Import & Export Dashboard will then be displayed. In the dashboard click on Import & Export tab.
3. Scroll down a bit and find Other Plugins section.
The Plugin Importers section is designed to import SEO and some other settings and data from other plugins before switching to Rank Math SEO.
4. You can find the Yoast SEO tab here. Click on Import. Once you click on Import a small message will be displayed on the screen that asks for your confirmation to import the settings. Click on OK.
The import will then start within a fraction of seconds and all your data will be successfully imported in Rank Math SEO.
How to Import FAQ and Howto Schema Blocks from Yoast SEO?
In order to do so head to WordPress Dashboard > Rank Math > Status & Tools > Database Tools:
We believe that the process to import settings to Rank Math is much simpler than what any other plugin offers today. And if you’ve any questions on importing data from other SEO plugins, feel free to reach out to our support team; we’re always more than happy to help.
Was this article helpful?
Still need help?
Submit Your Question
Please give us the details, our support team will get back to you.