We reserve the right to review and moderate all affiliate registrations. Please note that the review process may take some time as applications are taken into consideration – we know how eager you must be to become an affiliate, and we appreciate your patience.
How To Promote Rank Math
How you promote Rank Math is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to Rank Math and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We recommend creating unbiased written content and or videos about SEO & marketing or tutorials, where it’s suitable to showcase Rank Math. As an affiliate, you are required to comply with all applicable privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. Remember that you may not use the personal data of a friend or business partner without proper consent when promoting Rank Math publicly.
Here are a few examples of commonly used promotional methods used by the most successful affiliates for inspiration:
- Tell clients, customers, or friends about Rank Math, and give them your affiliate referral link (letting them know that you actually use it & can highly recommend it, but you would earn a small commission for the referral)
- Write a review or a blog post or create a video about a topic in SEO & marketing and mention Rank Math where it makes sense to do so, linking back to our website with your affiliate referral link and proper disclosure.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link or communicate to your Linkedin followers about affiliate marketing with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Write a review or a blog post about affiliate marketing or Rank Math and link to our site with your referral link.
- Provide value to others by answering related questions in communities/personally and request them to use your referral link if they choose to make a purchase.
In connection with any marketing efforts you choose to make for our products, please ensure that all promotional materials adhere to the following guidelines.
- You must not violate any law or regulation governing (i) false or deceptive advertising, (ii) sweepstakes, or (iii) gambling.
- You must not offer incentives to users to click on ads or complete offers that award them cash, points, prizes or automatically enter them into contests, drawings, or sweepstakes.
- Your promotional materials must not contain any trade disparagement or libelous, defamatory, or infringing content; and
- do not contain any machine-readable code that could be unintentionally downloaded onto a recipient’s computer (such as a worm, virus, Trojan Horse, or other self-executing programs) and damage or take over the recipient’s computer.
- Your websites and/or videos must not contain any materials that are:
- Obscene or pornographic;
- Offensive, profane, hateful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, or discriminatory (whether based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical disability, or otherwise);
- Graphically violent; or
- Solicitous of any unlawful behavior.
- Above all, you must comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, orders, licenses, permits, judgments, decisions, or other requirements of any governmental authority that has jurisdiction over you, whether those laws, etc., are now in effect or later come into effect during the time you are an affiliate, including the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 as well as FTC rules and guidelines regarding endorsements, disclosures, and testimonials.
In the event that you create a review of Rank Math, you should make sure that you disclose upfront that you receive a percentage of each sale made. In addition, all endorsements must reflect the honest opinions or experiences of the endorser. Any disclosures must be clear and conspicuous and not hidden. The most important principle is that an endorsement has to represent the accurate experience and opinion of the endorser.
Beyond this, you must abide by the following guidance:
- You cannot talk about your experience with a product if you haven’t tried it.
- If you were paid to try a product and you thought it was terrible, you can’t say it’s terrific.
- You can’t make claims about a product that would require proof you don’t have. For example, you can’t say a product will cure a particular disease if there isn’t scientific evidence to prove that it’s true.
- Furthermore, such disclosures must be made clearly, frequently, and conspicuously. Such disclosures ensure that readers can formulate an informed opinion about the information you provide by understanding the possible influence your material connection with our company might have on your endorsement of our products.
Linking in Articles and/or Videos
When using your Rank Math affiliate link in an article and/or in videos, you must display a crystal clear disclosure about the nature of your affiliate links and the material connection you have with our company. These disclosures must appear on the same page where the links appear, and they must be clear, conspicuous, and require no additional user interaction to read (such as clicking a link, scrolling, or hovering over an element). According to the FTC themselves, “Putting disclosures in obscure places – for example, buries on an About Us or General Info page, or behind a poorly labeled hyperlink or in a Terms of Service agreement isn’t good enough. The average person who visits your site must be able to notice your disclosure, read it and understand it”.
And as such, this means that all disclosures should appear in full either before or in close proximity to the affiliate link itself.
Here’s a quick example for you:
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post/video are “affiliate links” – what this means is that if you click on the link and choose to make a purchase, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Sharing On Social Networks
When using your Rank Math affiliate link on social networks, you must also display a clear disclosure about the nature of the links and the material connection that you have with our company. In the form of social media posts, these disclosures must be a part of the post that contains the affiliate link.
Example Twitter Disclosure:
“Hey everyone, I recently started using Rank Math SEO plugin on my website, and it’s been really helpful! If you’re interested in checking it out, too, here’s my affiliate link: [insert affiliate link]. Full disclosure: I receive a commission if you make a purchase through this link. #ad #affiliate”
In this example, the disclosure is clear and concise and is included as part of the post that contains the affiliate link. By using the hashtags #ad and #affiliate, it’s clear to your followers that this is a commercial post and that you have a financial relationship with Rank Math.”
Furthermore, you must abide by the respective terms of services, terms of conditions, and any other applicable legal terms between you and the network that you use.
How Not To Promote Rank Math
Curating a definitive list of the allowed methods of promotion would be endless because there are tons of opportunities. However, what we can do to put your mind at ease is cover what is absolutely prohibited as a part of Rank Math’s affiliate program. If your promotional methods step outside of these affiliate terms, your referrals may be rejected, and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please only use allowed promotional methods and help us help you succeed as an affiliate – we thank you for your understanding & support!
We love and back our product 100%, which is why we’re all the more careful with how it’s promoted and want affiliates who support us in ethical ways:
- Rank Math may not be promoted on coupon websites
Customers who are searching for a Rank Math coupon are already in the market for Rank Math, so this method adds no value to Rank Math.
- Paid advertising using Rank Math’s trademark/brand name is prohibited
Buying ads through any service, including but not limited to Google AdWords, social media advertising, or retargeting ads using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Pay Per Click Marketing is prohibited
Our affiliate program does not support Pay Per Click Marketing practices. Refrain from engaging in any activities related to PPC advertising while promoting our products.
- Promoting incorrect or misleading information
Any promotional activity that makes use of incorrect or misleading information will result in affiliate account deactivation. This includes false information intended to clickbait potential customers. If you are unsure of the correct information or details for promoting Rank Math, please contact us – we are always happy to help.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Spam in any form – whether it is a link, ad, email, or comment is prohibited. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Rank Math. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods – note that if we deem that your activity is spam, it is spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This one really goes without saying and will result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated.
- Posing as a representative/acting in association with Rank Math
We’re very flattered, but please don’t pretend to be a professional associated with Rank Math. Affiliates are not considered employees of Rank Math and have no employee rights. If you wish to offer Rank Math optimization services and use your affiliate link when recommending Rank Math PRO, this is acceptable.
- Pretending to be Rank Math is strictly prohibited
Cloning our website, copying our website, or using any of our copyrighted assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Rank Math website is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites or place them into iframes)
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $200 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded.
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see above) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
For chargebacks on a transaction that an affiliate payout has already been made for – we will deduct that from your subsequent payout. If there is no commission in the next month, your affiliate balance will turn negative.
Referral Cookie Lifetime
Rank Math’s affiliate program pays out a 30% commission on all sales, including upgrades – meaning if someone upgrades to Rank Math PRO and then upgrades to the Business plan down the line, you’ll continue to get 30% of whatever the customer you referred pays us.
The cookie lifetime is set to 60 days and is first-click, meaning the first affiliate link will be awarded attribution for referring a user/customer. Once attributed to an affiliate, that affiliate will earn a commission on all purchases from that customer within 60 days.
Affiliate News & Updates
By becoming an affiliate, you agree to receive emails from us. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Rank Math affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Rank Math.
Please note that as an affiliate, you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted).
Questions Regarding Your Application
When you apply to become an affiliate, we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some additional questions regarding your application.
This may be due to the following reasons:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you intend to promote Rank Math and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant Affiliate Accounts
We encourage all of our affiliates to promote Rank Math to keep earning referral commissions actively. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote Rank Math, please do not hesitate to reach out – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months.
Last Updated on: August 22, 2023