What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is the practice of improving the technical aspects of a website to increase its rankings on search engine results pages. These are optimizations usually done on your website code, server, domain host, and content delivery network (CDN).
Technical SEO makes it easier for search engine bots to find, crawl, and index your content. It also makes it easier for your human visitors to access your site and interact with your content. Examples of technical SEO include:
- Optimizing your website code
- Making your site mobile-friendly
- Adding Schema Markup to your site
- Improving the page speed of your site
- Optimizing your images to ensure they load faster
- Including canonical URLs for your pages
- Creating and managing your redirections, XML sitemaps, and robots.txt files
- Caching your content to improve the speed at which it is delivered to your visitors
- Including navigational breadcrumbs on your pages